Salt Lake CountyFind It
Health banner image

Health Department

Food Protection

Food Carts, Mobile Units and Shaved Ice Stands

Before purchasing or constructing a food cart, mobile food vehicle, or shaved ice stand, please contact the Salt Lake County Health Department (at 385-468-3845) AND the city or municipality in which you wish to operate to determine if your type of business is allowed.

All food carts, mobile food units and shaved ice stands are required to use a commissary.  Permits will not be issued and plan reviews will not be signed off until an approved commissary is verified.

Guidelines and Requirements

Read these carefully. You must comply with all items

Food Cart Guidelines

Mobile Food Unit Guidelines (Trailers and Trucks)

Cart and Mobile Plan Review

Shaved Ice Stand Guidelines

Certified Food Manager

Food Handler Cards

Useful Forms

Permit Application (36 KB)

Commissary Agreement (45 KB)

Restroom Agreement (41 KB)

Vending Route (40 KB)

Food Flow Charts

Food Cart Quick Checklist (92 KB)

Business License Contact Information

City Phone Number
Bluffdale (801) 254-2200
Cottonwood Heights (801) 944-7000
Draper (801) 576-6530
Herriman (801) 446-5323
Holladay (801) 272-9450
Midvale (801) 567-7200
Murray (801) 264-2676
Riverton (801) 254-0704
Salt Lake City (801) 535-7721
Salt Lake County (unincorporated areas) (801) 468-2000
Sandy (801) 568-7252
South Jordan (801) 254-3742
South Salt Lake (801) 483-6063
Taylorsville (801) 963-5400
West Jordan (801) 569-5010